Quickly then. It was earlier this week that we received a teaser from the Tommy Hilfiger team, and surely enough, Gigi Hadid had us and the world at her fingertips as she pointed to the camera and told you to Watch For It.
On Wednesday, February 8th at about 5pm, the duo presented what could easily be described as a fun, young, hip and totally IT girl collection which signalled they had yet another hit on their hands, just like their first edition. Well, if you’re the type to have major FOMO, then brace yourself for the SS17 event of the season:
1. Of course, Gigi opened and closed the show, and she looked absolutely stunning in a crop top, leather pants, and a windbreaker when she walked in. On a parting note, Hadid’s boho dress was a complete yet unsurprising contrast, as she took the ramp one final time with Hilfiger by her side.
2. Always a New York showcase, many were surprised that the brand chose Venice Beach Los Angeles for the second Tommy x Gigi collection. Is the West Coast their new home, or is this just for the Gigi edition?
4. On the flipside, the next gen front row could also be seen sizing up the bomber jackets, sweater dresses, denim separates, leather pants, and crop tops, all of which are part of the model’s off-duty style statement.
5. Hilfiger fans loved the reworked logos that were canvassed on the iconic American colour palette, complete with badges and patches inspired by California. Has he found his connect to the millennials with Gigi? We sure think so.
6. The model line-up was fierce AF. Front liner Gigi Hadid paved the way for sister Bella, IT girl Hailey Baldwin and Victoria’s Secret models like Stella Maxwell, Joan Smalls, Sara Sampaio, Romee Strijd and Devon Windsor.
7. Lady Gaga made her first big appearance after that power-packed halftime performance for the Super Bowl. Sequin hot pants, jewelled eyebrows, she completely stole the front row even though Kaia Gerber, Sofia Richie, Kris Jenner were right alongside her.
8. The brand went all out and transformed the venue into #TommyLand, which was basically Coachella meets carnival in the sunshine state of California. Everything from pop-up shops and food vendors, to games, skate boarders, musicians and carnival performers were part of the #TommyWorld.
Gigi’s reaction when she saw her family. ? pic.twitter.com/qLbt9hRNBp
— Gigi Hadid News (@GigiHadidsNews) February 9, 2017
9. The ‘Aww’ moment of the evening would have to be when Anwar Hadid ran on to the runway with flowers and a kiss for sister Gigi as she closed the show. FYI, Bella later took to Instagram with a ‘proud of you’ post to celebrate her sibling too.
I’m so proud of you and all of your accomplishments sister..???another incredible collection and the most EPIC show I have ever seen..??You shut down Venice beach…!!!! There is not a day that goes by that you don’t fully & completely amaze me! I love you so much! Congratulations @tommyxgigi @gigihadid @tommyhilfiger ????????????
10. And, just when you thought things couldn’t get better, in came Fergie in a leather jacket and body suit, belting out her greatest hits while she looked every bit the model herself. A fitting finish to a grand evening, the only way it would’ve gotten better was if Lady Gaga and Fergie did a duet. Yes, yes… we’re being too greedy, we know.
PS: Thanks to the ‘See Now, Buy Now’ format, the TommyXGigi collection is already available in stores.
And, we also have some bestsellers from both of her collections with Tommy Hilfiger right here.