Sounds familiar, doesn’t it? Especially if you’re a beauty lover or Urban Decay loyalist, you’ve witnessed, first-hand, the mania surrounding their Vice Lipstick line of 100 all-inclusive shades with six different finishes that were introduced early last year. Fast-forward to 2017, and the beauty brand’s hoping for another hit with their latest collection of liquid lipsticks that hope to see the same success and are modelled on the original Vice. But, do they have a winner on their hands? Let’s find out.
The Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick Collection
- The line-up includes 30 different shades, 10 of which are online exclusives (available only on UrbanDecay.com), while the others can be found at partner retailers and in stores.
- The shades run the whole spectrum—nudes, pop colours, neutrals, browns, and blush tones.
- The shades are divided to deliver two trending finishes: you have comfort matte, and then you have metallized.
- They cost £15 a piece.
What We Love:
- Urban Decay has brought back some of its popular shades that were temporarily discontinued so, hoarders and lipstick loyalists are going to love this one.
- The mattes set in well and often don’t need a second application to get the right kind of opacity.
- Your lips don’t appear dry and the colour stays put for 10 hours easily, even if you’ve been biting into muffins and sipping on coffee.
- Some of the metallics can replace your gloss and add dimension to your everyday lipstick.
What We Don’t Love:
- Once applied, the liquid lipstick feels kind of sticky and acts as a trap for flyaway hair on a windy day.
- The metallics aren’t as pigmented and you might have to go over a few times to get the look you want.
- Some metallics are streaky and in particular, they’re the ones from the purple family. They accentuate dry lips and cracks.
- The long-wear formula also means cleaning out the Vice Liquid Lipstick with a makeup remover takes longer than usual. Even after you’re done, your lips may appear pigmented with residue.
We like the Vice Lipsticks collection more than the Urban Decay’s Vice Liquid Lipsticks, although if you in general just prefer liquid formulas, stick to mattes with UD’s latest release and use the metallics as a top coat to highlight your pout.
Alternatively, there’s a lot to choose from when it comes to Urban Decay. If you’ve ever wondered why the beauty brand is such a hit with makeup enthusiasts and artists, you have to try the original Naked Basics Palettes that ricocheted them to success and these other cult lipsticks and lip liners that everyone swears by.
From left to right: Buy the Urban Decay Vice Glide-On Lip Pencil here; the Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick Red here & Deep Plum here, and the Urban Decay Revolution High Colour Lip Gloss here.
Shop For Best-Sellers Here:
- Urban Decay Lipcolors
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow
- Urban Decay Foundation
- Urban Decay Blushes
- Urban Decay Highlighter
- Makeup Brushes