Continuing with our Blogger Interview Series, we caught up with Krystin Tysire of Girl in Betsey. Known for her flair of mixing current trends with effortless minimalist styling, Krystin manages to weave visually captivating stories. We caught up with this Vancouver based fashion blogger and learned everything from her must have fashion items, favourite trends and more!
1. What was the inspiration behind starting Girl in Betsey?
I started Girl in Betsey when I was starting to attend fashion shows in my city, Vancouver, and I really wanted a place to document my experience starting out in the fashion industry as well as posting photos, instead of just posting on Facebook. Eventually, it became a lifestyle blog with travel too.
2. What are your 5 must have fashion items?
3. Three things we would never see Canadian women wear?
Canada is so multi-cultural, so Canadians would wear everything and it would be accepted throughout the country.
4. Any favourite fashion finds from all your travels?
I love finding beautiful scarves, intricate pieces made by the locals of the countries I visit. A great handbag is always an investment piece too!
5. What is your everyday beauty regime like? A current beauty trend that you absolutely love?
Foundation, concealer, contour, blush, highlighter, bronzer, mascara, eye liner, eyebrow pencil & gel, facial spray. I sometimes switch it up depending on what kind of event I’m going to or what season it is. I love the highlighter trend, it makes your face so much more bright and it looks great when worn with minimal foundation
6. Do you have a power piece or a lucky item that you always wear for important meetings?
I love to wear my Daniel Wellington watch, it’s definitely my go-to!
7. Brands and Designers that you usually shop from?
Dynamite, Nordstrom, Revolve
8. Do you follow trends? What according to you is the hottest trend for 2017?
I do, but to a limit. I’m loving the blush pink trend so much, it’s a great way to wear some colour if you tend to stick to black and white tones (like me!)
9. Do you follow the work of other bloggers? Name some bloggers that you personally like?
Absolutely, bloggers are a huge source of inspiration for me, I love Damsel in Dior, Ohhcouture, The Pink Peonies and so many more!
10. What advice would you like to give to someone who wants to became a fashion blogger?
Work hard and hustle, it’s an amazing industry with so much opportunity
All Image Credits: Girl in Betsey