One is never over-dressed or underdressed in a little black dress.”—Karl Lagerfeld
Words to live by, and, we do! The classic LBD has been a wardrobe staple for decades because this is one investment piece that works across all ages, every occasion, and every body type… wait, hold that thought.
While it does work for every body type, blogger Jalisa Giron explains how certain cuts and styles are better suited for certain body shapes. Editor of The Style Contour, she’s about to school you on how you can elevate your LBD and take it to the next level by shopping for the right one.
An LBD is extremely versatile, which makes it a go-to for practically every occasion, or even as workwear. You can always have different styles, which I highly recommend. For example, if you’re out with the girls, perhaps an LBD with cut outs or interesting details is great. But, for your husband’s office party, opt for something modest, tailored, and well-made. When an LBD fits you perfectly, it always look more expensive (like it was custom made).” 😉
The Perfect LBD For Pear Shape
1) Pick strapless dresses because the eyes will remain fixated on your upper body, invariably taking attention away from the wide hips.
2) Look for sweetheart necklines because they make you look like you have a fuller bust. This helps balance out your chest-to-hip ratio.
3) Opt for A-line skirts so that you don’t add volume to your already wide-set hips.
The Perfect LBD For Apple Shape
1) Dresses with thick straps complement wider backs and shoulders.
2) A flared short skirt will add dimension to the body while showing off lean legs.
3) V-necks are perfect for maintaining proportions of larger busts because they create a vertical distraction and cut the width of the chest area.
The Perfect LBD For Rectangle Shape
1) Dresses with a contrasting top and bottom help distinguish and highlight the small of the waist line.
2) Avoid dresses that create width. Instead, look for styles that create depth and dimension.
The Perfect LBD For Hourglass Shape
1) Opt for fitted, or fit-and-flare styles to highlight your curves.
2) Look for dresses that have a defined waist that helps accentuate your fuller chest and hips.
PS: If you like what you see, catch Jalisa Giron at TheStyleContour.com.