This year’s been all about shimmer and sparkle; it seems that’s how 2016 began and that’s how it will end, too. From Pat McGrath’s glorious glitter lip kits to Kat Von D’s new holographic makeup and unicorn eyeshadows, 2016 has come full circle and we can’t wait to step into the new year with a dash of highlighter.
If you’re wondering how to nail the look, might we recommend Kat’s Alchemist palette, which contains four Prismatic transformers that are iridescent and mystical. This, right here, is no ordinary glitter palette; it’s legit holographic makeup with colour pots that can be used as a highlighter, or dusted over your lipstick or eyeshadow for a luminescent glow.
Inside The #AlchemistPalette By Kat Von D
- The first and most important thing to know about this one: It’s priced at just £32 (rejoice).
- The palette hosts beautiful colours like (Pink) Opal, (Ultra-violet) Amethyst, (Blue) Saphire and (Green) Emerald.
- Each one has great colour payoff even though the shades are jaded undertones of their parent colours.
- The 360-degree refractive pearls claim to provide that perfect glow.
The Better Together Party Edition
The beauty collab between Kat Von D and Too Faced couldn’t have come at a better time. If you’re looking for a makeup palette for your New Year’s Eve bash, look no further. The limited edition collection packs in neutral tones against bolder ones, and mattes against metallics to let you make any play in the book—glamorous, understated, natural, vampy… just have fun with it!
Inside The #TOOFACEDxKATVOND Palette
- The Ultimate Eye Collection priced at £46 has two halves of a heart with either side taken over by Too Faced and Kat Von D. Together, you’ve got 12 eyeshadows to give you base shades, lid fillers, and dramatic creases.
- You also get the Better Than Sex mascara by Too Faced and Kat Von D’s Tattoo eyeliner.
- The line extends to a Better Together Cheek & Lip Makeup Bag Set which was inspired by Piaf and Clover, the brand’s fur babies. This has Too Faced’s blush and highlighter, as well as two shades of Kat Von D’s lipsticks. It’s all priced at £33.
In the works and soon to be released is Kat’s new Pastel Goth makeup palette which has us gobsmacked, because, too much colour isn’t really her style. That said, we’re loving how it plays on the hot new unicorn makeup trend and believe it’s a great way to usher in the new year; 2017 is your year to sparkle, baby, and sparkle you must. Here’s the first look:
Tried & Tested Recommendations
We’ve also put together some lipsticks, highlighters and eyeshadow palettes that have consistently been bestsellers. If you’re not one to experiment or can’t get your hands on Kat Von D’s latest, then these will prove to be great replacements: